Wednesday, July 6, 2011

June Cabin Adventure


The second week in June, Matt rented us a cabin at Riverview Lodge. It was about a 45 minute drive, and it was great to get away from the city! We stayed five nights and enjoyed relaxing and basking in the sun.

We brought Pepper with us, who was very excited to be outside. He's so fluffy, and this is after we took him for a haircut to get thinned out before our trip!

We visited the nearby Hydro dam. The water was flowing very fast, and was very high. We have had record levels of flooding this year all over the prairies.


During our walks, lazy Pepper stopped multiple times to roll around on the ground.

The resort area nearby our cabin.

A beaver dam! I thought this was so neat.



Needless to say, I took a ton of photos. We picked up a really neat Outdoorsy scrapbooking kit at Michaels, and plan to put some of our favorite photos in there.

On our last day at the lake, Matt spotted this guy swimming by. At first I thought it was a log until I zoomed in on my camera. I still think it may be an otter, which would make sense since we are beside Otter Falls.

...Until I took this photo, if you click the photo, tell me it doesn't look like a bear! At that moment I had a little panic attack but stll proceeded to take photos.

Then I saw him dive under, look at those legs! I'm still clueless as to if this is an otter or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment