Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Smokie Stirfry



After a long day, or when I'm feeling lazy, I'll make a smokie stirfry for my family. It's very simple to make, and fairly inexpensive.  I will typically make enought to feed 5, in hopes there will be leftovers, but there hardly ever is! It only takes about 30 min, including prep time to cut the veges. I first started using this as tinfoil dinners while we were camping. Last weekend I made it with my friend's vegetarian faux sausage.


 

I use 1 pkg of smokies (about 3 per person), check the fat content on the labels because some have an insane fat %. Matt loves the cheese smokies, but those have an even higher percentage of fat. I purchase the ones with the least amount of fat, and add in 1/2 cup of cheese when the stirfry is almost finished. The smokies are nice because they are already cooked, so you only need to brown them.
1 red/yellow pepper chopped
1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
a handful of carrots, chopped
half a stalk of celery, chopped

I start off by frying the onion with the carrots in the butter, as they take the longest to brown & soften. Then I add the rest of the mix as I'm finished chopping!


3 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy, I may be trying it tomorrow :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! That sounds yummy, and it would be a great quick dinner for nights I don't feel like cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very yummy, please let me know if you decide to try it!

    ReplyDelete