Friday, December 23, 2011

Morbid the Merrier


Aftert reading many reviews about Morbid the Merrier, I finally caved in. I purchased solid perfumes in Natali, Desert Absinthe and Maximo, and samples in Aurora, Eggbert, Voix de Ville. I only paid 23$ including shipping for my entire order, which was wonderful. The solid perfumes come in a tube container, similiar to a lip tube. These ones cost 4.50$, I believe they are transitioning over to solid perfume tins, which are still affordable at 9.00$! I also received a solid perfume in Absinthe with my order!

Natali



Natali is a brooding yet comforting blend of sweet, spicy orange and dark, fragrant chocolate with a heart of vanilla and wood

Some reviewers have compared this scent to a Terry's Chocolate Orange, so obviously I had to try it! In the container, it smells purely of chocolate. Maybe I need to apply a thicker layer, but it smells quite soft on me. It is definitely a chocolate, with a powerful kick of orange!

Maximo


A complex and beautiful blend of sweet cocoa, spicy black pepper, earthy patchouli with a heart of vanilla and wood

This truly is beautiful. In the container it smells of patchouli and chocolate, and on skin it stays similiar, with a hint of vanilla. This is very earthy, but the chocolate makes it very sexy! I was hesitant on ordering this one at first, after reading mixed reviews, but I am SO glad I did!

Desert Absinthe


Absinthe, softened with cream, sugar, and soft citrus.
This one is very sweet, and smells mostly of absinthe with an under note of citrus. It is quite soft and creamy, not too strong. The regular Absinthe smells much more herbal, with more anise.

Eggbert

A gluttonous, heaping plate of sugary sweetness; sweet yellow cake, tiny coconut shreds, candied walnuts, sugared violets, and vanilla, with a palate-cleansing dose of wood and moss

This one is strange; it starts off very foodie, but there is a definite woodsy/forest note to it. On the dry down, the two sort of mix together, but I get mostly green, woods with a hint of vanilla in this one.

Voix de Ville

Succulent, juicy, ripe red apple soothed and darkened by black fruit, decadent florals and sensuous

This one is more green and floral than Sarawen's Black Apple. The apple note reminds me more of a sour green apple than red, and it's quite strong.

Aurora

Bittersweet cocoa, coconut, heavy cream, and wood

The chocolate scent to this is sexy, and more grown-up than your typical vanilla.

With the exception of Eggbert, I truly enjoyed all of these scents. I'm very pleased with Maximo and will probably be ordering a full size of Aurora. Many bloggers have commented on the dark overall feel to Morbid the Merrier; the website, the beautiful packaging and artwork, and the scents themself. I also have to agree I love MM. When I first placed my order, the TAT in my reciept was different than that posted on the website, so I sent the owner a quick email just to confirm. I received a reply very soon, my order shipped before the stated TAT, AND I received a free solid... I will be back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment