Monday, April 18, 2011

Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce


If you read my last post, I nagged you into dragging out your blender and experimenting with fruits and vegetables. Today I decided to make some applesauce to take with me for my morning snacks at the hospital. Oh god - I don't mind store bought applesauce, especially when I get a craving for it, but this is just delicious!! The cinnamon really adds a nice touch. I think this would work really well on top of pancakes... Or on it's own if you need a sweet fix!

2 apples, cut up with skin left on
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup water (recipes I found recommended to use 1 tbsp of water; but it depends on how thick you like it. I found mine too be too thick/almost like baby food, so I added a bit more water. Start with a little bit and then add as you go!)
1 tsp cinnamon

Throw it all in your blender, and then package it up in some cute tiny containers to take with you for snacks. I'm sure this would be a great snack for little ones, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment